The start of the new school year is fast approaching and the District is prepared to share with our families the District’s mandated Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Health and Safety Plan for the reopening of our schools on August 19, 2020.
We have hyperlinked documents that explain the District’s plan for each color designation and the alternative options that accompany each for our families. If the Governor designates a particular color, the following will occur:
Green Phase- The district buildings will be operating at 100% student capacity with modifications to mitigate the community spread of COVID-19. The specifics for this plan can be found here. Green Phase highlights include:
- Green Phase Voice Overview
- Buildings are open with 100% of the students receiving in-person learning with mitigation practices in place.
- Plum LEARNS- FLEX will also be available for families who still feel it is unsafe to reenter the buildings.
- Alternative remote learning options will be available for families who wish to make a long-term commitment with the Plum Digital Learning Academy option irrespective of color designation.
- Face coverings will be mandated as required by governing agencies.
Yellow Phase- The district buildings will be operating at 50% student capacity with both mandatory and optional modifications to mitigate the community spread of COVID-19. The specifics for this plan can be found here. Yellow Phase highlights include:
- Yellow Phase Voice Overview
- Buildings are open with 50% of the students receiving in-person learning for 2 consecutive days of the week, with the other half engaging in remote learning. Students will then flip-flop schedules. Designated days of attendance will be communicated with families during the first week of August.
- In a typical week, all students will participate in 3 days per week of Plum LEARNS, with 1 of those days being with everyone, and 2 of those days being with their group.
- Plum LEARNS-FLEX will also be available for students who are not ready to reenter the buildings.
- Face coverings will be mandated as they are required by governing agencies.
- Mitigation efforts will be implemented.
- Alternative remote learning options will be available for families who wish to make a long-term commitment to the cyber option irrespective of color designation.
Red Phase- The district buildings must be closed, however, all students will engage in some form of remote learning. Red Phase highlights include:
As we get closer to the start of the school, more building specific information will be forthcoming. If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to your building(s) to obtain further clarification.
The District recognizes there are many uncertainties as we enter into the 2020-2021 school year. The fluidity of the public health concerns and the ever changing governing mandates may force us to adjust plans rapidly. However, if we demonstrate flexibility and patience, look out for each other, and we each do our part, we will come out of this stronger and more united as a community. We look forward to working with our students once again to exceptionally prepare them for success.