(click image for live dashboard)
The start of the new school year is fast approaching and the District is prepared to share with our families the District’s mandated Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Health and Safety Plan for the reopening of our schools on September 2, 2020.
We have hyperlinked documents that explain the District’s plan for each color designation and the alternative options that accompany each for our families. If the Governor designates a particular color, the following will occur:
Green Phase - The district buildings will be operating at 100% student capacity with modifications to mitigate the community spread of COVID-19. The specifics for this plan can be found here. Green Phase highlights include:
- Green Phase Voice Overview
- Buildings are open with 100% of the students receiving in-person learning with mitigation practices in place.
- Plum LEARNS- FLEX will also be available for families who still feel it is unsafe to reenter the buildings.
- Alternative remote learning options will be available for families who wish to make a long-term commitment with the Plum Digital Learning Academy option irrespective of color designation.
- Face coverings will be mandated as required by governing agencies.
Yellow Phase - The district buildings operate at a 50% in-person capacity utilizing a hybrid instructional model. Both mandatory and optional modifications are in effect to mitigate the community spread of COVID-19.
Yellow Phase highlights include:
- September 2-25, 2020 A-L students attended school in-person on Mondays and Tuesdays and Plum LEARNS (remote learning) Wednesday-Friday. M-Z students attended school through Plum LEARNS (remote learning) Monday-Wednesday and in-person Thursdays and Fridays. On Wednesdays all students were remote.
- Starting on September 26, 2020 we continued the 50% in-person instructional model and added Wednesday as a rotating in-person day.
- On Wed, September 28, 2020, A-L students attended school in-person giving them three (3) days a week (Mon-Wed) of in-person instruction with remote learning on Thursday and Friday. The following week M-Z students attended school in-person three (3) days a week (Wed-Fri) with remote learning on Monday and Tuesday. We have continued this alternating schedule with 1 group of students receiving three (3) days of in-person instruction and two (2) days of remote learning, and the other group of students receiving two (2) days of in-person instruction and three (3) days of remote learning every other week.
- PlumFLEX is available for students who are not ready to reenter the buildings or need to temporarily use a remote learning option.
- Plum Digital Learning Academy (PDLA) is available as a full-time cyber school option directly through Plum Borough School District.
- Face coverings are mandated as they are required by governing agencies.
Red Phase - The district buildings must be closed, however, all students will engage in some form of remote learning. Red Phase highlights include:
As we get closer to the start of the school, more building-specific information will be forthcoming. If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to reach out to your building(s) to obtain further clarification.
The District recognizes there are many uncertainties as we enter into the 2020-2021 school year. The fluidity of the public health concerns and the ever-changing governing mandates may force us to adjust plans rapidly. However, if we demonstrate flexibility and patience, look out for each other, and we each do our part, we will come out of this stronger and more united as a community. We look forward to working with our students once again to exceptionally prepare them for success.