To access your students’ Google Classroom(s), you will need to follow specific directions. A video explaining the process to use Google Classroom can be found by clicking here. Additionally, information regarding your student’s username and password to access Google Classroom on the District's website is available here. Below you will find a list of the minimum requirements that we have asked each teacher to provide for their students and their families by January 23, 2019.
- Class policies and procedures
- Class syllabus
- Teacher’s email address, days/times for extra help, phone extension
- Daily homework (Must be posted online by 5:00 p.m., and also must be posted in class)
- Upcoming long-term assignments and due date(s)
- Upcoming tests (Minimum of three days advance notice)
- Resources for additional help
- A link to student grades
- PDF/file download availability for non-electronic assignments
- Invitation code for Google Classroom from the teacher to be shared with parents
- Links to all electronic textbooks/resources
- Video conferencing opportunities for parents via Google Meet
Research indicates that the more our students and families feel connected to their school, the greater the likelihood is of increasing our students’ level of student academic achievement and rigor. We believe the implementation of this tool is another step forward in this District’s march toward a culture of excellence. If you have any question(s) related to the implementation of Google Classroom, don’t hesitate to contact the firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Technology Help Desk at 412.798.6340.